Plasmoid for viewing youtube videos on your desktop.
You should have google account to use this plasmoid witch will be used to perform request to YouTube API.
searching video, channels and playlist
diffirent presets for diffirent activities even for docked in a panel plasmoid
presets editing and sorting (settings -> youtube channels -> click and hold, than drag)
number of videos for channels/playlists in search results
pin to stay "always on top" when docked in a panel
drag and drop youtube links to view them
play list of video non-stop (stop at the last video)
How to use
First of all you need to have KDE installed.
Go to "add widget" menu, search for "PlasmaTube" widget and install it!
On the first run, go to plasmoid settings, choose "Google Account" tab, copy the code, that will appear. Go to provided link (copy-paste to your browser) and enter the code. Click "apply"/"Ok" to save your data. Close the settings and use plasmoid!
- a way to copy/share video url
- "recommended" videos from youtube
- preferred language for search
- Version 2.8.2 is the latest version using minimum of dependencies. v3.0 requires qt-webview (qml-module-qtwebview for ubuntu) and qt-localstorage (qml-module-qtquick-localstorage for ubuntu) modules (name can differ for different OS). If you don't want (couldn't) install/use these dependencies, please use v2.8.2.
- If you see the message "Your browser doesn't support any video format", but everything is working in your favorite Firefox/Chromium, please test in in Konqueror. Firefox/Chromium doesn't use qt-webkit, but Konqueror (and PlasmaTube) does. So, if you are missing some configuration/modules in you Qt, Firefox/Chromium still could be able to play video. Search in Google "Konqueror html5 video %your-distro-name%" to find more detailed information about what you should do with it.
- If you see a message like "missing Qt module", "private is not supported" or "module not found", that means you have outdated version of Qt, or you don't have some qt-modules installed. Please, update your system and install all needed modules.
How to help the project
If you like PlasmaTube and would like to let developers know about it, you can:
- Go to PlasmaTube opendesktop page and leave a comment/vote to increase rating.
- You can also vote in kde widget installer interface by clicking five (or one:) star.
- If you really like PlasmaTube and would like it to be developed more, you can: